The Texas Relays

The Longhorn Network solicited the services of Ralph J Mole´ to consult and serve as "live director" for 14 hours of  Texas Relays telecasts. As part of the tutorial Mole´shared complete Track and Field TV broadcast camera placement, lens complements, "Point of View" camera installation, replay and isolation strategy as well.

The Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays are an annual track and field competition held at Mike A. Myers Stadium in Austin, Texas. The University of Texas  serves as host for the event, held on either the first or second weekend of April.

The Texas Relays started as a men's-only competition in 1925 by coach Clyde Littlefield and athletic director Theo Belmont.The Relays were held at Memorial Stadium until Mike A. Myers Stadium was opened in 1999. The meet was not held in from 1932-1934 as a result of The Great Depression.Women's events were added in 1963.

Comments are closed.